Monday, May 11, 2009

Knitting: The freaking stash...

So... a few folks have recently posted of their stash and I did some cleaning and re'orging this weekend and can I just say HOLY crap! I knew I had a lot of yarn, but seriously when you see it in one spot (or almost one as project is not quite done yet)... it is really mind-blowing, even for me.

So now I really have to figure out a way to make more stuff or just make it faster! I made a resolution not to cast on NEW stuff this year, but to finish more stuff. Well... I have half/half stuck with this resolution. I have casted on many new things, however I am working at finishing them as well.

I am still losing the war with socks though... I just keep trying out new patterns and not finishing even ONE sock, let alone a pair... so I must make improvements on that area.

Anyway, back to the stash. I have enough yarn for SEVERAL sweater and by several I mean 13-15, really!

Sock yarn, I have enough sock yarn, RIGHT now to knit probably 50 pair of socks (I really wish I was exaggerating here, but I'm not).

And I recently aquired some roving to spin up, but that would just give me MORE yarn?! Good grief. I should have done this at the beginning of the year and maybe I wouldn't have been so tempted to buy more stuff. Oh well, it will all get used eventually, right?!

I know you might just be dying to see pics, but the project is not quite completed. My organizing system is in need of a few more pieces from Ikea to be complete. Sarah is bringing those with her on Wed. when she comes. Then I can finish putting things away and will photo and you can all see the madness.

I am going to the fiber fest in Wooster in a few weeks, I might buy a little, but it will seriously have to be something that you can't pass up cause I REALLY don't need anymore yarn... for a good long time. Shew!!! After that... nothing until Portland (if I can still get there). Oh but we are going to Boston, june/july, so I might have to buy some east coast yarn... but that's it! Really!!

I can quit anytime. LOL!

No comments:

Post a Comment