Sunday, December 25, 2011

Knitting: nearly a year. Let's recap

So the last time I blogged was January 23rd. Sheesh! I thought about it often, but never came out and did anything about that. Here's what I remember about the year. I joined the hpkchc and was placed in Slytherin. This choice allowed me to finish several knitted items. My fave probably being the absorba bath rug. Still love that thing and it gets used daily.

I made a bunch of hats this year, a few socks, baby hatsssss, baby sweaters. And I even did a weaving project and a tiny bit of spinning. I also worked on a couple of shawls that were gifted. All in all I think there were 26 projects actually completed! I think that's kind of amazing.

So the plan for 2012 will be to blog more. I'd like to have more to say for a year in review! Also take more pictures, of everything! And maybe start painting again.

For knitting te plan is the Barbara Walker Learn to Knit Afgan. Yes I know how to knit but have yet to complete a damn blanket, so here we go 63 squares means at the very minimum one per week. I have 2 1/2 done already so I'm off to a good start. I really need to finish my sweater sleeves and tank too so I'll add those to the list as well as another dipped infinity. I should do some socks too. And since I joined a shawl pattern club, 2, actually, probably some if those are in my future.

This year was full of ups and downs, but I made it through. Here's hoping 2012 is better for me. Holy crap I'll be turning 40 too. That's just weird.

No comments:

Post a Comment