Sunday, March 2, 2008

Mitten a month group


So I decided to sign up for a group via Ravelry. Actually I signed up on 2, one is a pair of socks a month and the other is a pair of mittens a month. I decided to go with the pattern Fetching from Knitty.com and it is quite an easy, enjoyable pattern. I had a few gaffs because I wasn't paying attention. My first go round with the thumb gusset was a bit of a disaster, but I eventually figured it out and fixed it. So I finished the Left one in about 4-ish hours maybe. Now I have the right one to do. I could easily finish it today, but I think I keep putting off working on the greenjeans for Joy, which I think I may rename to the REDJEANS for Joy because I'm using a beautiful red yarn. I've gotten quite a few compliments on it.

I really want to get some other things done though. I'm itching to do a hat/beret type of thing and I found some great patterns for sweaters I'd like to get working on. There are these fabulous spring/summer yarns out and I'd love to PLAY! But alas, I MUST finish this sweater. Don't get me wrong I enjoy it, it's just sooooo time consuming, row after row after row. Of course I'm at the cabling point and not boring old St.st. anymore. :)

Well, I supposed I should stop playing on ravelry and swap-bot and get to work!

Happy Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment