Monday, June 15, 2009

Knitting: Weekend recap and MUSIC!

So after looking at my sister-in-law Kelly's registry and seeing how many blankets were on it... I decided maybe I should make her a baby blanket after all. As you may or may not recall, I started the pinwheel blanket. Had a few problems/setbacks and put it down, not to be finished in the NEAR future. And Baby will be here sometime in July. I had plans to do some baby shopping at Target on my way home Friday evening and having a 50% off coupon for Michaels, decided to stop there as well. I bought a pound of love in PINK by Red Heart. Not the softest yarn in the world and I totally wish I had Knit Picks comfort, but there's really not enough time to order, etc. Anyway, they had several cute free patterns, hanging on the little tear off strips and one was a blanket with a little hoodie on it. So I decided to make a blanket with a hood attachment.

After looking at the pattern and dissing it, I just decided to do a garter stitch on the diagonal increasing KFB on every other round (c/o w-3 sts). Once it measures the length I want, I'll start decreasing. And then I'll attach a hood piece to it, also. Not sure of the edging I want to do yet. But I've got a minute or 2 to think on it.

I'm thinking I'll have to make another blanket for this kid too. I definitely want her to have a SOFT blanket that is handmade.

Brian met me at Red Robin after dinner where I had a REALLY tasty salad. It was the Apple Harvest Chicken salad. It had grilled chicken, goat cheese, apple slices, walnuts on a bed of spring mix lettuces. Instead of the Honey Dijon dressing, I opted for the Asian Sesame dressing. It was AWESOME!



After dinner, went back home and started the blanket (mentioned above). Saturday was the baby shower, it was okay. Then I headed to Scot's and hung out with him and Joe, grabbed a burger from Wendy's and off to the HEART concert.

Holy crap... AMAZING! Seriously, one of the best concerts I've EVER seen. Ann Wilson is a freaking goddess or something. Her voice sounds as perfect as it did in the 70's. Crystal clear, not a hint of cracking or anything. I was awestruck that in 30 years her vocals have not changed a bit. Actually they might be even better than the 70's... but anyway. They ROCKED so hard!

They pumped the crowd up by playing some REALLY loud 70's rock songs (can't remember now). There were like 3 or 4, then all of a sudden... the guitars started for Barracuda and it was awesome! Loud, rocking, everyone was dancing. Awesome. They played hit after hit... somewhere along the middle, the pace slowed a bit and Ann did a nearly acoustic version of Alone. It was so beautiful it nearly broke my heart. I'm still getting chills just thinking about it. I can't recall exactly but I think their finale was Love Reign. Then they came back for the encore started with Led Zeppelin's, Going to California (my fave zep song).

The songs I remember them doing were Barracuda, Magic Man, Crazy on You, These Dreams (sung by Nancy Wilson), Alone, and there were others... but of course my memory fades too fast. But a great show, I encourage anyone to go if they come around again, they do NOT disappoint!

Sunday I spent finally getting some good knitting progress done. Made it through another tier on the Entrelac bag. It's definitely going faster since I'm decreasing by 1 stitch on the blocks now. It really is a fun knit. And in case you haven't seen it yet, here it is.

Entrelac market tote

Had an impromptu cookout at the lovely Julane's house with Cath and Jimmy. Great conversations, food, knitting, awesome weather... and OHHHH... the cheesecake. YUM!

All in all, a very fab weekend... now on to work. :(

1 comment:

  1. I'm living vicariously through you with the Heart concert!!!!! I'd forgotten that they were coming to Columbus -- I better not tell Jared that! We're Heart fans.

    ReplyDelete