Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Travel - Day 1 Boston

Woke up earlier than planned. Good thing because it took longer to get ready than I thought. And Scot arrived a little earlier. So we loaded up and headed towards the airport. We just rounded the curve to 270 and I realized I forgot our boarding passes. So we turned and went back. Got those and back to airport. We skycapped our luggage and went to find our gate.

The flight to Baltimore was a bit bumpy but uneventful. We grabbed a bite to eat and missed the boarding call for our plane. Whoops. Lucky for us they announced over the loudspeaker so we were the last ones on and got split up. It turned out great though because I got to sit beside a very nice businessman. He travels a lot and had extra drink coupons so he got me a free glass of red wine. We chatted the whole way. I told him about knitting and future plans for sock summit. He was fascinated and didn't look at me like a crazy person. He said if I got bored I could make him something. So he gave me his biz card and wrote his home address on it. I thought that was strange but whatever. So now I'll have to add him to the list of gift recipients. :)

And lest you think anything bad. He knew I wad married and he is as well. No flirting going on.

While at the airport and on plane I did do some knitting. I started a sock. But then I got a bit of motion sickness so I put it away. I have one cuff done so far. I could be knitting now while on the train but am writing instead.

After we arrived in prov. We caught a shuttle to the train station. Now we are headed to Boston. And we'll grab another train to get usto the Hotel. It's been a good day do far although Bri has been a cranky pants. Oh well.

ETA: Made it to the hotel, it was a bit hairy there for a moment. We walked several city blocks to a 'T' station, got on a train to an Aiport Shuttle stop, got on airport shuttle to Logan International... where we got the FREE shuttle to the Hotel. After a ridiculous traffic tie up, we made it to the hotel. Good grief, we were on all modes of transport today except horses and donkeys!

As we were quite pooped from the long travelling day, we called a pizza place and they delivered us a couple of really GREAT NY Style Pizzas. They were quite yummy. And then we went for a swim.

Not sure of the agenda for tomorrow... but I'll be updating the twitter feed all day if you are interested.

Follow me here.

4 comments:

  1. that happens to me - getting up early and still leave at same time as normal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have fun on your trip! We'll miss ya this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a blast.... I still don't have a Twitter account. Can't get past the nickname Twit that some people call em.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have fun and enjoy the cooler climate!

    ReplyDelete