Saturday, July 4, 2009

Travel - Day 2 Boston

So I'm writing from memory, hopefully will have most of the details. Good thing I photo'd with twitter to help me along the way. PS, this was going to be a GOOD photo post except left the camera USB at home, so cannot upload pics yet. Will use the ones from Iphone though.

First thing was a visit to the Aquarium.

At the aquarium. It's drizzling. on Twitpic

This is a foggy view of the harbor I took while waiting in line.

View of the harbor. on Twitpic

It was really nice. They had a great variety of fish and I liked the layout. It basically all ramped and you can gradually walk up and view all the tanks. The center section looks like the Guggenheim. So you have the option of walking up the center in a spiral and down the outside walks which are angular or vice versal. Or just keep going up and down. This would make more sense in pics, so come back later for the visual. :)

So upon entering the building, you can go down some stairs and there is a jellyfish exhibit. After viewing, go back up and the first section you come to is the Penquins.

Penguins. on Twitpic

They had a nice big area and there were quite a bunch of them. A few were noisey, but mostly they just stood around, some swam. Then we walked around, took a bunch of pics and then out to the new exhibit that just opened. It's an open air place. They have 3 new seals there. It just opened the day we were visiting (good timing). It was very nicely done. The platform is really beautiful and the ceiling is neat as well.

New open air exhibit. Just opened today. It's really nice. on Twitpic

After the aquarium, we crossed the street and headed to the Quincy Market/Faneuil Hall area. I really liked it! They had tons of vendors, restaurants, eateries, snacks, kiosks, etc. Lots of fun to look and browse. They had upscale places, too, like a Coach Store, Nine West, etc. We browsed there and I had some lunch.

Afterwards, we took a long hike to Windsor Button. It's a local craft store. Reminds me of a 5 & dime. Anyway... tons of buttons!!! It was pretty interesting and if Brian wasn't waiting outside for me, I would have def spent more time browsing. But they have all sort of odds and ends for all crafts. Even a pretty ok selection of yarn. I did buy one skein there because I really liked the colors. A lot of the yarn wasn't marked with a price, so that was a bit irritating. And none of the bins were marked, etc. But if you are in need of buttons, this is the place to go, for sure!

Oh. And new sock yarn.  The color is called providence.  :). ... on Twitpic

After that it was pouring down rain, so we opted to head back to the hotel. Worked out well as there was a T stop right near us. We came back, I had a nap and Brian swam. Rather than go back out, we decided on dinner at the hotel restaurant. It was TERRIBLE!! Anyway, then back to the room and watched SYTYCD!

1 comment:

  1. Ohhhhh it is just as I remember when I was there in May of 1990. Wow I can't wait to see more picks.

    BUTTONS!!!!!!!! ohhhhh I am drooling. when are you coming home?

    ReplyDelete