Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Travel - PRESS09

Only a week left until Sock Summit. It's weird to finally have it come to fruition. The dream of attending is such a long ago slightly forgotten memory. I can't even remember how long I've actually been waiting. It seems like forever... and now... it is just a week away. WOW!

As most know, I've had some ups and downs with SS09. I was flabergasted at the committment of the instructors/designers! I was reeling in the fact that I would be in the same place as Barbara Walker and that she was instructing "Creative Mosaic Knitting!" Everyone knows how much I love color work and this would literally be the event of a lifetime. Learning and perfecting techniques from a world class Master!

Of course much to the disappointment of many, registration didn't go so well. Fortunately I did get a few classes, but alas the elusive BW was out of reach, sort of. THERE is supposed to be an author signing on Friday afternoon. Fingers crossed I can get through that line and gush over her, just a bit. I also hope to meet a few other amazing designers as well. This will definitely be one unique and awe inspiring journey. I am so looking forward to this.

I feel like I have so much to do in the next week to be ready and prepared. I have to make some lists and just get my head straight. I have to make sure I have all the class confirmations, swag confirmations, etc. I need to remind myself 24 hours in advance to check in for my flight so I get a good spot in line and a good seat.

I just verified with the hotel they DO NOT have an airport shuttle service. However the nice receptionist told me to check the MAX Light Rail and there is an airport train that heads to the convention center and my hotel is a couple blocks down! Yay for public transport! I love these cities with trains... I wish Columbus would get on board (pun lightly intended). So that's one worry gone away.

For those that are curious... here is my "rough" itinerary
1. Flight leaving wed 8/5 5:15PM
2. Arrive PDX 9:40PM
3. Thurs AM class Socks Without Wool /Amy Singer 9-12
4. Thurs PM class Making the Next Monkey / Amy Singer 1:30-4ish?
5. Thurs Eve Opening Night Reception in the Ball Room 7PM
6. Fri. AM Class Three Traditional Beginnings / Nancy Bush 9-12
7. Fri. Afternoon, book signing and SHOPPING in the marketplace! WOOT!
8. Sat. All day class, Argyle Socks / Anne Berk
9. Sat. Eve, Rav meetup, still waiting on location for that.
10. Sun. 8/9 Leave the summit early... flight home leaves at 10:25am

So as you can see it is a very full schedule but I am sure it will be a ton of fun. I'm so excited and can't wait to see a little bit of Portland. It will be my first time that far west so it's definitely an adventure!

If anyone wants anything... let me know this week so I can add your wishlist to mine. I am taking an extra suitcase to ensure all the goodies have room to come home! And I know you are all laughing a little bit... but you know me and yarn... it's one temptation very hard to resist!

2 comments:

  1. I want one of everything! Bring it all back... :-) Seriously I hope you have a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!! It sounds like you got some cool classes!! Can't wait to hear all about it when you get home!!

    ReplyDelete