Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Travel - Pre SS09 almost ready!

So I packed my clothes last night. Packing is always a dilemma for me. I always, always, always pack too much. I wish I could just say, on Thurs I will wear this and Friday, it will be this and just pack outfits. But alas... I just throw in some shorts, some capris, pair of jeans a dress and a multitude of shirts and short sleeve sweaters. All is pretty casual and it's all mix/match. So in theory that is good, but as I said... it slowly becomes too much.

I often pack a lot of underwear and socks as well. Not that you need to know, but if I'm doing a lot of walking and it's hot, well... ya get sweaty, a clean pair of underwear can really make a difference. I'm also one of those weirdos that once I remove my socks, I cannot put the same socks back on again. It's a little weird, but I have sensitive feet and it bothers my feet to put socks back on. So there.

Anyway... my other packing dilemma. I am travelling alone, so everything I take, I have to carry myself. I am allowed 2 carry-ons and 2 checked bags at no charge. So my plan was to pack a small suitcase, fit that in the larger one and then when I shop and go crazy at the marketplace or portland in general, I can get all my stuff back home without paying extra shipping. So... I could ALMOST get everything in the case this way... but there was a problem. No room for toiletries and other little odds and ends oh and books and shoes. So... it is looking more like I have the LARGE suitcase stuffed and will pack the 2nd bag with the extra stuff, shoes, etc. And whatever I buy will get stuffed in with all else, or I will indeed have to ship it back. All in all, not a big deal, but if I have to save money for shipping, then that is less shopping money, people.

And all this talk of shopping... well ya see a bit ago Raverly had the vote on all the dyed creations for SS09 and let's face it there was a lot of amazing stuff! So I know I will probably buy a bunch. Although one more thing to add, I have sock yarn coming out the wazoooooo, so I really need to find more ideas to use up this yarn. I'm thinking mittens, typically I've only done mitts with heavier weights... but I'm so awful about finishing socks, so I need to devise a new plan to use all the beautiful yarn I have and the yarn yet to come. Yes people, I have a problem and I'm aware of it.

Anyway... packing is mostly done, so it was a lot less difficult than I originally planned. Again and again I think about the next few days and I get excited and scared and nervous and overwhelmed and happy and sad all that the same time.

Sadness because I'll miss my terrific knit buds on Thursday and I'll miss my adorable pups and kits. But... I know I'll have so much fun and it will possibly be a once in a lifetime experience and I feel so fortunate and happy to be able to go!

So yes... good stuff. Not sure I'll be able to blog, but I'll definitely be a tweetin fool, so check out the tweets if you'd like. I'll try and get as many pics as I can. It's going to be awe-inspriing, I am almost breathless!

2 comments:

  1. Yeah, you are pretty much packed for Sock Summit. So excited for you Madam Ambassador. Looking forward to your tweets and twitpics. Safe Travels!

    ReplyDelete