Thursday, August 27, 2009

YARN: Gotta love a sale

As we all good and well know, I do not NEED any more yarn. I'm struggling with the concept of actually knitting all the yarn I have now until I die (hopefully in a long long long time and not soon). But seriously, can I knit all the yarn I have before I get to the point that I can't knit anymore... I'm thinking it might actually NOT be possible.

Even sooooo... every once in awhile, yarn MUST be bought. Case in point. There's a cute little number that I've seen in a recent magazine. It's done in a lovely, albeit pricey yarn. Rowan Lenpur Linen. Anyway, for my size the project calls for 10 balls of yarn... which lets face it, is just a little over the top... even for me, should I really spend the money on that?! Um... well, if the yarn just happens to be 50% off at Knitters' Mercantile's bi-annual cleaning out the previous seasonal yarn! Holy cow! And the colors are just so beautiful! It was sooo hard to pick! But I went with a nice blue, it's classic, I can definitely see wearing this in the fall and winter months because though it's more of a short sleeve, sort of thing, we all know how WARM I always am, so I think this will be perfect.

Anyway, for those wondering what Lenpur is, apparently I can't find much on it, but it seems to be an eco-friendly product. Certain trees are cultivated for it and the cellulose used can be got from actual pruning not deforestation. So, it's tree/plant raw fiber that is then mfd into yarn/fabric. I don't know how eco friendlyl the whole process is but that's what I've found. Anyway, Rowan has coupled this viscose with linen and it feels wonderfully soft. I can't wait to use it and start this new project.

YES... castonitis!

No comments:

Post a Comment