Friday, May 7, 2010

Kniting: Sometimes it just goes on... and on

SO I've been touched with this rabid case of castonitis.

I was working on Absinthe - snafu!

I started Kristi and the Cookie A mystery - little snafu

I then started Slip Jig (lovely).

And in the mean time, I've been designing a little anklet sock. It's cute.

I really want to start the bombshell, now that I have lovely yarn in which to make it, but I'm holding up some restraint here. Nevermind that I am behind on my Mystery Blocks. Still need to finish #3 and now I have #4 to do as well and be ready for #5 come June 7th?

Anyway, Absinthe was moving along at a nice clip and then I realized I had stitches out of place or was short or something. So I sort of tinked? Basically I unded 2 or 3 rows on the top needle, but not the bottom (sole stitches) and lo' and behold I can't figure out where the H I am! Shouldn't be that hard, right... I can read knitting like a book, but this does not make any sense. So it looks like I might have been OFF for sometime, but that doesn't make any sense because if I truly had been OFF, as it were, I wouldn't have continued on for so many rows. I'm tried of looking at this and might be calling it quits for now. Have also considered handing off to one of the knitting buddies to look at and assist. Volunteers????

Moving on.... Kristi, well, she's a lovely gal... I mean sock. :) Giong along nicely but the heavy cable intense pattern has me paying VERY serious attention which causes for a slow down in actualy progress. It's taking me several minutes to complete a round. So I'm on row 33 of the 38 repeat. You are supposed to then repeat rows 1-25 on the leg, but I think I am opting out of that because if I make it longer, it really won't fit me at all. It's quite stretched as it is. Had I known about the snug fit before getting this far, I would have added a few extra stitches to the 2-stitch columns of twisted stitches. But alas, it's much to late for that... and I am NOT starting over.

Then there's that darn Mystery..... It proves to be a great mystery... after all it's Cookie A! I started with my gorgeous Lapis Socks that Rock yarn. Did the 60 stitch cast on. I went UP a needle size and thought that would accommodate for my THICK ankles. No go! It's still pretty stretched when I try it on. So, I'm considering going up to the other size, which is an 80 stitch cast on, but before doing so, I want to see the 2nd clue so I know HOW this sock progresses. I love the yarn and I'm sure I'll love the pattern, but I just can't knit it blindly. I want socks that I can wear, I do NOT want to gift them. Call me selfish... yes I am!

Lastly Slip Jig is being knit with Boobie 1 Socks that Rock. It's a pretty great project even though I'm not crazy about the garter stitch cuff. It's moving along well and I hope to be very much progressed this weekend. Dare I say be to the heel or further?! I hope!

No comments:

Post a Comment