Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Knitting: Socks, socks, socks!

So as most know I've been a sock knitting fiend lately! I don't know what bug bit me, but it's helping me finish some stuff!

Firstly I finished my Secret Garden socks. They are warm and squishy and fun to wear. I just wish the cuff was a tad tighter (but I'm not ripping it out).

Up 2nd was the Wanida pattern by Cookie A. It is in her Sock Innovation book. At the first several glances of this book, I really didn't care for this pattern at all! The pictures don't do it any justice at all. However, there were a bunch of people in the Sock Knitter's Anonymous group that were making this and it looked awesome. And it was SO fun to knit! I LOVED it.

I used my new Cabana Hazel knits from the April sock club shipment (so glad it came early in the month). I still have the other skein, Surf and I'm trying to think of something spectacular for that. Normally I'm not really a brown person either, but there was something about Cabana that I loved. And once it was knitted up, I fell that much harder.

Here are my happy toes...

Finished!! :)
The picture is a little tweaked, so those brighter areas really aren't that bright. It's really quite a deep brown.

And just hanging out:
Wanida Socks

So with Wanida finished, I had 2 days left in April. Enough time to YES, cast on for another April SKA challenge. I went to the stash and found all my bright greens. I've been wanting to make Absinthe from knitty since first glance. Now was the time. I selected the color Creme de Menthe from Yarn Love. I bought this yarn while visiting Yarn Cravin' up in Perrysburg sometime last year. Anyway, I had a great start to this and was going well and had a snafu. :( I'm not sure if I will continue on with this or not. It's on hold.

Absinthe

In the meantime, I started the SKA May Challenges. Kristi from Cookie A. It's being knit up in my reclaimed Bird of Paradise by Pagewood Farms. It was reclaimed from a mystery sock that I didn't finish last year. It's moving along nicely, however a bit slow.

Kristi

And the other May challenge is a Mystery Sock by Cookie A. I started, but have to start over. Am using Socks that Rock lightweight in Lapis. I LOVE this colorway, tho the photo below does not do it justice.

photo.jpg

1 comment: