Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Knitting: Still on the sock wagon

Sadly, not much in pictures to post today, but I'm trying to blog more consistently. I'm still on the sock wagon and enjoying it immensely. I committed myself to 3 challenges this month. One is half done - Slip Jig.

Slip Jig #1

An uber largish photo because I'm so proud.

With that one done, I moved on to get underway with the Cookie A mystery sock again. The first c/o was not big enough 60 stitches. And the 80 does fit, but looks GIGANTIC! Anyway, I'm nearly finished with Clue #2 on one sock. Should be done tonight and then will start Clue #1 for the #2 sock. Once both clues are completed for both socks my plan is to jump back over to Kristi and finish the leg chart. I'm on like row 31 of 38 (I think).

The Cookie A Mystery is being made with the LAPIS colorway from Socks that Rock and is simply gorgeous! Probably not the best yarn for this pattern, but I don't care because the yarn is pretty! And for the first time, I've had blue fingers (from the dye) with this yarn. I haven't had dye issues before as some have, no worries, it washes out, I just thought it was funny.

And somewhere in there, I need to start the 2nd slip jig, but I know it can wait a bit as it moves pretty quickly.

I'm really liking switching between these projects, they are all varying levels of ease. None of the patterns are difficult, but due to intensive chart reading, Kristi is the most time consuming. My eyes are glued on that chart every stitch of the way. The pattern is great though and looks wonderful once knit. I wish I would have jumped up a needle size or made a few increases for fit though. Lesson learned and now have a new plan for future (AKA Bex - if I ever get around to making her).

I don't know that I'll have all of these completed by the end of May, but the challenge end date is actually the end of June. I am hoping to be done with at least 2 pair though so I can start fresh for June with a new challenge. I'm not looking ahead though, I'm just concentrating on the NOW.

No comments:

Post a Comment