Monday, June 14, 2010

Knitting: BOM #3/4/5

So we all know, I can be a bit of a lazy daisy! I haven't blocked about my blocks of the months, nor have I been very good at finishing them! It's true.

So back here I posted about BOM #3 - Bobbles. I won't go into my intense dislike of bobbles again here, but suffice it to say, BOM #3 is yet unfinished. Part of the reason is I have misplaced the pattern, so it's just hanging out in a bag on a spare LONG needele.

Moving on... BOM #4 or the May block. I missed the class because of another something on the same day (not sure). And so I picked up the pattern a week or 2 later, or maybe that same week, who knows. And... I didn't start knitting it until 2 days before the next class (June 7th). Silly me, I know. I did get about halfway through it on that first day. It's a quick and easy knit. Easy pattern repeat, etc. I still have yet to photo it though.

So then BOM #5 - June rolls around. And while this one is a fairly easy 8 row repeat to remember. I swear it's taking me forever. I've been working it here and there for the last week, but I'm still not done! I think I have 1-2 repeats to go and then the border and then done! I do like the look of this one, it reminds me of a leaf or fern or wheat pattern sort of. It might end up being one of the blocks I do a duplicate of. So I better get my act together. I am almost to the half way point and when finished with #5, I will only have 3 completed blocks. Eek!

I'm not going to stress about it though... my mind has been in other areas as of late, aka SPINNING. I'm out of bobbins though and I def need a couple more, so I hope to purchase those on Friday. I could mail order them, but I found a place locally that carries them, so I'm opting to support my local area. Problem is they have sucky hours - only open until 4:30 M-F. Lucky for me I am off at 11 on Fridays.

And just yesterday I happened to look at some very pretty yarn I purchased from a wonderful lady at the Wool Gathering (yellow springs) last fall. This gorgeous yarn is intended for a weaving project that I've yet to begin and so... the weaving bug bit me and I'm really desiring to get another project going on the loom! I thought this would be a great time to do it, because I have more room on my deck than in my cluttered house. So I could take my parts outside and do the warp there. And then I'm thinking how much nicer it would be to have a warping board, so maybe I'll wait and ask B to build it for me.

But wait, there's more! I took a mini break from my sock knitting. I needed a break from charts and intense things and now I'm feeling ready to jump back in. I still have 2 pair to finish up. I had wanted to this past weekend, but got distracted. So perhaps this coming weekend those will be on the plate. As soon as that darn block #5 is finished, I will sit down and untangle the sock mess. Yes, due to carelessness on my part, I have 2 different sock projects that have merged and become one goofy mess.

I love to knit!

No comments:

Post a Comment