Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Knitting: Oh bobbles...

Or BOM #3.

Yeah, bobbles... do I need to say more?

Any knitter pals that know me, probably know that I hate bobbles. Sure on some items they are cute and so forth and even a decorative edge... but seriously, I hate them. I find them annoying to make, time consuming and yarn hogs, so there.

But I was duped into them again by the mystery afghan project. There are a total of 24 bobbles on this block. Michelle says it's considered an Irish Bobble, so because it's Irish I like it a little more... but I still hate bobbles.

Anyway, this bobble is actually an easier style to knit although for my unfinished unblocked block, the bobbles are looking a little craptastic to say the list. They are sort of triangular, squarish circular things. Yes all that geometry in one little stitch.

For this style of bobble, you are increasing 5 stitches into one, turning, knitting, turning purling, turning then decreasing by k2togs, turning and purling 3 together. Bobble done. It's definitely easier than the PSSO bobble I've made in the past.

Anyway, I'm doing the block as designed, just because.

I've also decided I want this afghan to be bigger than it's supposed finished size. The blocks are 12x12, which would make a 36x48 inch smallish afghan. I've decided I want this for my bedroom to be a pretty cover. I have a king size bed... that is one huge afghan. So at any rate, I'm definitely planning on increasing... maybe 20 squares? Still TBD, guess it depends on how fast I get these done or if I get burnt out. In the mean time, I still love block #2 and block #3 will be pretty as well - even with the bobbles.

I have yet to go back and make #1, we are still at odds.

Bobbles

No comments:

Post a Comment