Monday, April 19, 2010

Knitting: A reprieve

So while I talked about knitting all week last week, I never really did any.

Yes it's true, I took a little break my last stitch was on Saturday and my next stitch was the following Friday (I think). I mostly worked on my Sock Club socks, Secret Garden. In fact, I finished the first sock. Now my plan was to get through the heel, cast on the Sock #2 and catch it up to the next and finish the legs at the same time. But something happened... "just one more row" and before you know it, boom the leg! Crazy!

Secret Garden

Anyway, I still have a desire to do sock #2 so I will cast that on. I should have done so yesterday, but thought it would be smart to take a week break and work on a gift.

DUMB MOVE! It occurred to me whilst I was trying to fall asleep last night that the Secret Garden socks are part of the Ravelry SKA March contest, which has to be finished before April's month end. That means roughly 12 days to start and finish socks #2. I honestly think this is still possible for me. I just have to start it!

Up next... Decided my in between would be a Baby Surprise Jacket for my new niece or nephew to come (my prediction is it will be another niece). I really wanted to make something girlie... but just what if it's a boy. So as I hadn't like what I previously cast on with my Hazel Knits : Its a Wrap colorway, I decided perfecto! I've been wanting to make a BSJ out of sock yarn as the last one I did was a DK/Light worsted weight yarn. Anyway, Brandy started one with STR and Kim is going to make one as well, so I jumped on that bandwagon. It's definitely much slower progress! Sheesh! I'm using sock yarn and US 3 needles.... and it seems like forever. It's okay though, it's mostly mindless and just goes row after row. That being said, I feel like I've knit forever and only have a bit over an inch done. eek!

BSJ Progress

It's all good, have a few months before baby is here.... but I really need to get that sock done. Tonight I will be casting that on! No TV until it's done!

ETA: Since I didn't post this the day it was written (Monday). I did actually cast on sock #2 last night as planned and worked the whole toe and into the foot about an inch! About another 4 and it's heel time! Hopefully tonight will progress as nicely!

1 comment: