Friday, April 16, 2010

Knitting: Really, just thinking about it

So the entire past week, I have NOT knit a stitch.

I know I said I was going to, but I truly have not. I think I last played with some stitches last Saturday! No kidding. While I have desired to knit a bit, I was not really feeling inspired or motivated to do so. Soooo... I didn't.

Anyway, it's okay, I've been keeping my mind occupied with knitting and designing and knitting some more. I have a whole list of things to make, mainly socks and the desire for some sweaters/tops. I tend to be a warm person, so making sweaters for me is typically not something I have done/completed. I need short sleeves and lightweight. I work in an office that is rarely cool, so I'm constantly overheating, especially in the summer. I'm not one of those people that need a cover up... EVER!

So, Cath has made a few of the Bombshell pattern, and it's a great looking sweater that really shows off your curves in a pleasing way. I've wanted to make this pattern ever since I saw the book. However, something has always stopped me. Well, it's breathing down my neck now and I really want to cast on. Problem is, I'm unsure what yarn to use. It is something that will require a swatch and I will be good and proper and actually do one. But first I have to pick a yarn.

Ok... so my other thought is SOCKS... socks, socks, socks. I want to make all kinds of socks. I want to be able to wear multiple pairs this fall when the weather gets cool again. I want to have a variety to choose from. It's mid April, how many socks can I make by October? And not just socks, but how many PAIRS of socks. Oh darn 2nd sock syndrome! However to get me there, getting some good stuff from Blue Moon. I ordered an array/plethora of colors as well as the Sheep to Shoe kits, so I can practice spinning some sock yarn.

Ok, so again, I should probably get to knitting instead of blogging.

In music news, I won tickets to see Blue October tomorrow evening. I'm pretty excited as I've not been to a show in awhile, so that should be fun.... more news on that to come.

2 comments:

  1. OMG -- so craving socks too! But have to finish my knee socks before I'm allowing myself to cast on any more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah Blue Moon!

    Check out Bambouclé by Elsebeth Lavold
    Its a blend of 45% Cotton 30% Bamboo 17% Linen 8% Nylon

    That might be a nice light weight yarn that isn't hot

    ReplyDelete