Monday, August 9, 2010

All there is to do in a weekend...

Sometimes it seems like a whirl!

After work on Friday I headed over to Scot's to take a tasty dip in the pool! It was perfect weather, for lying in a chair in the sun and cooling off in the water. It was the perfect temp, cool, but not cold. No SHOCK at getting in the water, just refreshing. We also made plans for Saturday.

Up and at 'em early on Saturday, headed back to Scot's. We left there and stopped by Target to get more sunscreen and a hat for me and off to the fair we went. It was a lot of fun. We walked around and looked at the crafts building. I saw some hand knit stuff that I wasn't overly impressed with, thinking, I REALLY need to get my shit together and enter next year! I also saw some hand spun yarns. Some really impressive lace weights!

Then we checked out the quilts... oh my, all kinds of gorgeous. Most of them were VERY impressive. I would love to meet them women that made them. Awesome!

We looked around at other stands and such along the way. We went to see the Sheeps and Cows and Horses. Watched some of the judging, it was nice to rest the feet a bit. We ate fair food, I had ribs and cheese on a stick. We bought French Waffles and Kennel Corn on our way out. All in all a fun day.... how we spent 4 hours there, I'll never know, but it was good all the same.

And there were babies!!
photo.JPG

There were also some goat babies that were super cute, but I couldn't get a good pic.

After the fair, I went home and showered the sweat and grime off, it was wonderful to do!

Then I knit, and knit and knit... So by Sunday, I was able to finish this sock.

Wavy Socks

I'm not crazy about how it looks when it's off my foot (very pointy) and it's a little snug on the toes, it should be about 4 rounds longer. I'm contemplating ripping back and re-doing, but still unsure.

We also headed back to Scot's on Sunday to swim again. What a great day for it again, it was such a beautiful weekend!

And in the meantime I still haven't knit anymore on my BSJ for the new niece that came as schedule last Friday 8/6. Her name is McKenzie (not sure on the spelling) and here she is with her big sister, Addison. Can't wait to see them!

Addison and baby sister

No comments:

Post a Comment