Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Accomplishments of the NON knitting variety.

So I've accomplished a couple of things the last 2 days.

1. I signed back up at the Gym. It's been way to long and I REALLY hate paying for the gym when I have access to one at work. The problem with going to the one at work is there is little motivation since I no longer work in the building it is housed in, so I have to DRIVE out of my way to go. I have noticed though that by going to a place a like, while I have to pay for it, I am more motivated to go and because I used to go, I know the circuit training WORKS. I saw and felt the results before and in a short amount of time, the point is I KNOW I will go and I better cause I'm paying for it in cash and in fat (so to speak). :)

2. I booked our reservations at the beach in NC over Thanksgiving. So very excited for that. And even better, I might be able to lose a bit of weight before we go, so I'll be even more fit for the beach, albeit most likely too cold for swimming outdoors, but they have an indoor pool and several jaccuzzis. I love the hotel and am so glad we are going back. It's the place we took our late honeymoon, same time of year too. :)

As for other accomplishments, just minor work stuff, nothing exciting there, I haven't finished the sleeve to the Greenjeans for Joy cardigan yet. I know it will be done soon, I guess at this point I'm just getting a little impatient with it. Of course it's my own fault, I don't totally dedicate enough time to it. I will definitely be glad when it is over. The next sweater I do, I hope to NOT drag out this long... and considering I have 2 more to do for Christmas gifts. And a scarf or 2 for the special olympics... I'll be plenty busy!

Oh and since we are going to NC, I'll have to check out Fiber in the area and see if there are any meetups going on and go meet some other ravellers. I need to put that on the TO DO list. :)

2 comments:

  1. Ooh, where along the coast in NC? I lived in Raleigh 8 years and we just went to the Outer Banks back in June. Besides OBX, I like Beaufort a lot. I've been to Kure Beach, Wrightsville Beach, and the Crystal Coast Beaches, too.

    Your Mr. Greenjeans reminded me that I need to knit myself a cardigan for the fall. I decided on making a hoodie -- now I just need to order the yarn!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The vacation to NC sounds fun and relaxing!

    ReplyDelete