Saturday, August 30, 2008

Shopping spree

Good lord, what is wrong with me. Didn't I say something about NOT buying any more yarn?

Yeah, well in theory, I have no willpower. I am SO good if I just DON'T go to the stores... but if I go...sunk! That being said, I am making amends that after my knitpicks order this week (9/5), I REALLY am not going to the LYS's or doing any shopping. I have far too many projects and a ridiculous stash to knit from. SO, yes, that is the PLAN!

The Imagination sock yarn that I want is back in stock on 9/5 which is the reason for the order. Oh and speaking of socks, I signed up for the Mystery Sock night at Temptations in Dublin. It's a free get-together and obviously the sock is a MYSTERY, more to come on that as it happens. While at Temptations and the reason for going is because they finally got in my Malabrigo that I had ordered forever ago. Took several months, 6 maybe to come in. So while there I picked up 2 more skeins of trekking bare sock yarn for dying. LOVE that stuff. I also picked up the fall issue of Knitscene. AND a fabulous book on Bags (can't recall the title at the moment).

Next I headed over to the Merc. I wanted to check and see if they had a Green color I'd like in the Rustic Tweed. I bought Blue the other day, but decided I might like green better. AND, the did have 2 greens, but I wasn't ga-ga for either, so I'll stick with the blue. While there I lucked out and Barb was in, so we chatted for a few. She told me about a new book out by Jane Ellison for the Queensland Collection. It's all Men's sweaters and accessories and is FABULOUS! I love almost all the patterns in it. SO I grabbed that. Will be knitting a sweater for dad (hopefully for christmas) as well as one for Brian and maybe John. Of course John's might wait until a b-day present which gives me until April.

So then I came home and just finished watching the bucks WIN a shutout 43-0!

NO MORE SHOPPING! I'm done! Seriously, I swear!

No comments:

Post a Comment