Friday, August 29, 2008

Knit nights and STUFF

So last night the GANG got together again. I was fortunate enough to meet a member that hadn't been able to come for some time and let me tell you, she was a CHARACTER. She had everyone cracking up to no end. Audra brought her mom, Sandy as well. And our new friend Jackie came back, but her friend Staci couldn't make it. And Brandy was able to come again too! So it was a great group, though I did have to duck a few minutes early. Was trying to make it home before Brian went to bed, but by the time I got there, he was already long gone passed out. I even brought him ice cream, but he was dead to the world!

As for knitting progress... I actually went BACKWARDS! I was really not liking the work I put in on the sleeve, so I pulled it back out... alllllll the way back out. Recast on the extra stitches and got about an inch done. Was very frustrating, but I know it will look better. Of course, now that is just THAT much more time it will be taking me. Argh! I only have a couple more weeks until the birthday. BUT... I do have a 3 day weekend, so I'll be knitting up a frenzy-hopefully!

I resumed working out today. I signed back up at Curves on Tuesday, but couldn't go Wed. and Thurs. because of the knitting groups, so today was the day. It felt good. My muscles are still warm from the workout. I felt some in places that haven't had that type of movement in some time, so it REALLY felt good. I can't wait to start going on a regular basis as they are closed for the weekend due to the holiday. They are also getting a new stretching machine in, so I'm interested to see how that will work. Michelle told me today it doesn't require you to lay on the floor, which I felt was great because it's the last stretch and the one I hate the most. It hurts my back being all laid out like that, nevermind the fact that I feel like a big blob lying there.

In FIBER news... I purchased a GORGEOUS feeling tweedy wool, alpaca, donegal blend at the Merc the other day. It's a blueish color that I'm ok with. WIsh it was the same shade, but in green, I'd REALLY love it then, but no worries. It will go great with Jeans and Khakis. My main concern now is whether or not I can get the correct gauge. It SAYS its the right gauge on the tag, but... I'm not totally sure. I will definitely be doing a swatch this time.

Well it's getting later and I'm hungry and the husband is taking me to dinner. YAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment