Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Knitting: The lost Schooner Sock....

Just kidding, it's not lost. Of course it was lost to me for awhile, while I was ignoring them darn socks. They are cute and pretty and I still love them, I just didn't feel like finishing them.

So with some nudging from a friend about getting something DONE, I picked 'em up this past weekend and did some work. I had stopped about 4 rounds before the heel. I picked up and knit on down through the short row heel, which suddenly made more sense than when I previously worked it. So this sock looks beautiful in comparison to the #1 sock. Who knows.... anyway, am on the foot and I have a few inches to go there. I'm trying to make myself do a few rounds each day. My guess is I will have these done by the weekend!

Schooner Sock #2 progress

IOSN (in other sock news) I am a glutton for punishment. I stupidly cast on ANOTHER sock. What the heck was I thinking?! I don't know, I wasn't. But I was pulled in by the fabulous Cookie A and her designs and I stared and stared at the book and I had pretty yarn... and my resolve just caved.

However... the punishment DID set in and fairly quickly. The pattern I picked, which isn't HARD really, but it is tricksy that one. So I'm a little frustrated. It's definitely not a mindless knit sock. You def have to pay attention. I don't have a pic of that. I think it's good I did cast on for that though because through all my frustration toiling with that one, it's making me want to go back and work on the other sock projects I have hanging out there in limbo. :)

Anyway... that's all. Still feeling not so inspired, but I am trying to knit a little each day... my mojo will come back, I just have to work on it.

3 comments:

  1. Those are very pretty socks. Which Cookie A did you cast on. I am thinking the Sunshine socks in the yellow knitpicks I have are calling to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Which Cookie A sock? Are we working on the same ones? Yeah! Get those projects done. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. When you said "tricksy," I of course immediately pictured Gollum in my mind :-)

    ReplyDelete