Monday, December 7, 2009

Knitting: It's a flurry or fury?!

So this weekend, I spent a large part knitting! YAY! I did get massive amounts done although don't have much to show. Here's the breakdown.

1. Friday, met up with Julie and some other ladies I didn't know for Friday knit club at Temptations. Had a nice time where I officially finished the last 5 decrease rounds of the pirate hat. Picture still to come.... I then started working on my 2nd pair of Ampersand socks, with the lovely ST-1 colorway. Only after several rounds I must have stopped paying attention because my count was off. I corrected and went back to it and a round or 2 later was off again. I decided the socks had had enough that day, so they went back to the bottom of the bag. I then pulled out one of the Noro Entrelac gift bags, I had started and did a tier of that. Then we ordered lunch, ate, packed up and left.

2. I went to winterfair with Scot. It was a total blast. Bought lots of goodies. Some Sangria mix, Margarita mix and all sorts of dips and hot sauces(for Brian) and a lovely piece of pottery. It's called a Brie Baking dish, but you can bake anything in it really. It's just specifically sized for Brie.

3. After winter fair I was a slight bit exhausted, but we went to the North Market anyway because they were having a craft extravaganza. Lots of handmade stuffs, but I didn't get anything cause frankly I was too shopped out by that point. But I did run into my friend Adrienne from Crafty Beavers, whom I hadn't seen in years. Then we got some Pho and went back to Scot's.

4. Then I headed out to Cath's house for the rest of the day and knitted my head off. I worked on Brian's hat. It's the Chullo from the Holiday Gifts issue from Interweave. Stranded colorwork, my fave! It's turning out well, but at some point I made a booboo and now I have to tink about 4 rows back. :( So, as it was later in the evening and I couldn't bear it, I put that project away. I pulled out the Noro Entrelac again and finshed the next tier, bottom triangles and the bottom. It finished up quite nicely and is ready to be felted. However, I want to make a few more and felt them all together. These are really easy bags, although after making 2 of them now, I'm really not crazy about the construction. They are top down and I really don't like how the bottom is made, it's kind of different/odd. But since I haven't seen the felted piece yet, I'm not sure if I'm counting chickens early. So then I think, maybe I should felt it first before I go changing the design? Anyway, that took me late into the evening and then I went home.

I unpacked my goodies from the day and went to bed.

Sunday there was NO knitting to be done. Instead I put up the christmas tree, went to buy stuff for christmas tree, then I decorated. And made supper. I barely watched any TV and was pooped and went to bed early. My fingers are ready for more knitting, so hopefully I can start incorporating it back into my evenings.

So again, I'm posting my list. Trying to stay on track.

1. Finish sweater vest for dad (back is done, just need a front)
2. Finish 1 slipper for Sarah (1 is done)
3. Finish 1 slipper for Mom (1 is done)
4. Mittens for the boys (this is a maybe)
5. Something for Addison, maybe a little hat/mitten set
*6. Hat for Brian (half done)
7. Hat for Scot
8. Hat for a friend
9. Hat for a friend
10. Slippers for a friend
11. Something for my boss (am thinking a felted bowl)
12. Aunt Lisa's purple Hedgie (needs stuffed, felted, sewed)
*13. Noro Entrelac Felted bags for friends need about 6-8 (2 done)

No comments:

Post a Comment