Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Knitting: It's in the back seat

That is kind of LITERALLY, too. I haven't knitted since Saturday. My new schedule started a couple months back (October maybe?) and so I'm working 4 10hr days now. In and of itself, not totally bad, but some days are REALLY long. The other downside is now getting home between 6-6:30 instead of 4:30 takes a HUGE 2 hour chunk out of my day. Before that 2 hours was spent, tending to home and dinner. Then I had a few hours left of my evening to relax with the knitting and the Tele.

Now, those 2 hours gone, I get home, work on fixing supper and then I'm caput/kaput?! What's that word again? Anyway, yeah, donezo. So I haven't knitted in a few days.

Today before coming into work, grabbed the laptop out of backseat and there it was, a bag full of yarn and recent wips and 2 fo's. So I grabbed that sucker, and brought it in with me. I decided if I don't go out to lunch today, I will definitely knit at lunch. I love knitting at lunch. I sit down in our cafeteria with whatever food I get on a nice comfy bench. I knit away and stare out the window and it seems like the day, no matter how trying she may be, just isn't that bad. That is really a bonus to knitting. I notice when I knit at lunch, I take my time and just watch the stitches go by. I'm not in a hurry and I just take those moments to relax. Alas, the hour always goes by quickly but at least I had those few precious moments and can then hopefully make it through the day.

So yes, I need to fit more knitting time into my daily life as I have all those presents to finish. Fingers crossed I stay motivated.

1 comment: