Monday, February 8, 2010

Knitting: It's a wrap x 2

That title will make more sense in a moment, I promise.

I had a bad week yesterday, it was pretty much all work, so by Tuesday morning... I decided it would be a GOOD thing to take off Thursday, then have my usual Friday off as well. Wednesday was actually not bad and I thought, maybe just maybe I'll go in to work... ahhahahaaaa. I didn't.

I did do some errands which included a quick run to Yarn Market. I had a much more pleasant time this time around. I was actually left alone to look around and mill about the warehouse. There was a fantastic gal that chatted with me while she was "picking" other orders and she was really helpful. Anyway, my main point in going was to get some kollage square DPN's. Which I did get. And... I also picked up a skein of really pretty indie dyed yarn.

After getting home, I started a new project. A Wrap called Twin Leaves. I did finish that on Friday. I blocked and put one heck of a long seam in it.

Twin Leaves

And onto the 2nd wrap (see I promised)... I decided on a pattern to use yarn from the Hazel Knits Sock yarn club. The colorway is called "It's a Wrap" and it is a multicolored blue, red, green colorway. Wendee based it off of a piece of vintage christmas wrap. It's a pretty yarn, but I just always wondered what I would make with it... so I found a sock pattern called "Paisley Socks" and that is what I cast on for on Sunday. It's also part of the SKA February challenge.

As for this week, just gearing up for Ravelympics to start on Friday and I can finally get to work on those darn Winter Twilight mitts!

No comments:

Post a Comment