Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Knitting: An olympian is born

This year I decided on several projects to knit while the Olympics were on. This year, they started on my birthday which ended up being a bad thing. As knitters everywhere were gearing up to cast on with the ceremonies and lighting of the torch, I had other plans. Good plans, but plans, none the less. So I did cast on a little later and as it was late and I had several glasses of birthday wine... I didn't knit too much. Simple 2x2 ribbing.

Then the majority of the weekend that followed was BUSY. I had a long drive back home, plans with a friend (Rodeo) and a bit of shopping. So I didn't get much knitting time in, or Olympic time. By Sunday evening, I did get settled in though and worked more on my project and even got to watch some great athletes, finally!

The Men's Moguls was an exciting event. And the figure skaters were good and bad and I'm really wondering what the heck the judges are smoking because they gave some people too high of marks and others too low. It's really random and odd.

Anyway, my Winter Twilight Mitts are coming along nicely although I'd hoped to be done with at least ONE by now because I still have to make a second one. Anyway for your viewing pleasure here is the MIP (mitt in progress) from the inside and outside. Normally I wouldn't show inside pics, but stranded colorwork is so pretty on the inside.

Inside the Winter Twilight Winter Twilight

2 comments: