Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Knitting: Why yes, it IS another new project

I decided to take a BOM class in hopes of actually being on point to finish an afghan. It's hosted/taught by Michelle at Temptations. It's sort of a beginner type of class, kind of going over the basics, pattern reading, guague, etc. My main reason for taking the "class" is because I thought it might force me to actually work on a block once a month and in a year, I'll have a fantastic afghan.

I've learned over the past few years, I don't always have the sticktoitiveness to get things done. I've started several blocks through different KALs and guess what, none of them are finished. So I'm hoping this will be my fresh start. Anyway, the pattern is pretty simple, just comination knit and purls to make a nice texture pattern. Each block will have a seed stitch border and we are also doing a crochet cast on and a specific bind off for each block for consistancy.

I did a total of 2 repeats last night and have about 10 more to do, depending on measurments. Shouldn't take long and it's definitely a relaxing knit.

BOM #1

The picture isn't great because I have it squished on to DPN's, but I couldn't find my 10" US7 and that being said, I may opt to go down to a 6 anyway. We'll see. Need to find more of my needles at home, perhaps that is the project I will work on tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment