Sunday, December 21, 2008

Knitting: All about the bags!


Well, most who know me, know I love bags and purses. I wonder if that is why I like knitting so much... it has it's own line of accessories and BAGS, BAGS, BAGS! Why do I like bags... who knows?! But I do. I have a massive collection of purses that I cycle through often. Although this past year, not so much. I've stayed with just a couple and not switched out as often. I also haven't purchased as many purses. I guess I've used my money on yarn instead... and that's ok, too.

For Christmas this year (which was had by my family a few weeks ago), my little sister Sarah got me a couple new bags! I kind of new I was getting them, but I wasn't sure of the color, so it was a great surprise to see the lime green theme! And funny thing I've gotten a lot of compliments on both of them... and not just by knitters.

Last week in the cafeteria at work, I had the clear bag with my Clapotis in it and some lady walks by and says, "cute purse!"

I was like, "Uh, thanks?" And I hesitated because I wasn't sure if I should tell her it wasn't a purse... it was KNITTING. Anyway, I refrained and went on with life.

So back to the bags, they are a line called Knitpickers. Michaels carries them. Sarah works at Michaels and gets a discount, even on clearanced stuff, which these were because they were bringing in the new colors. Very cool.

What I really like about the bigger bag is the handles. They are long enough to wear on the shoulder and they don't slip off, but they aren't so long that they are a bother-perfect! The smaller clear bag is good however it just has a small handle and I wish that was a bit bigger or had a strap so it wouldn't tie up your hand.

But they are both great and I recommend!

2 comments:

  1. I noticed your bag last week and meant to say something. I love the dots -- super cute!

    ReplyDelete