Thursday, December 25, 2008

Knitting: Photo friendly

Another great thing about knitting is I can align it with my other love, photography. Now back in the day, I could take really great photos... but these days they are just kind of meh. I do photo my knitwares often. I like to see the progression and share with my flickr friends and ravfriends and anyone that wants to look.

The thing about photography and capturing the moment, it is something you do have to practice, like knitting. Of course, some people have that EYE for it and I feel like I used to, but I lost it. Anyway, I think the more pictures you take, the better you get. And that was a really long side bar to get to my main point.

I bought a new camera the other day. Found a good deal at Target on a digital camera; brand, Polaroid (I may have mentioned this already). So due to the busy week, I really hadn't had much time to play with it and learn about the camera.

Yesterday, I did read the booklet. There are 31 different scene choices... hello options!!! So that would be the good on the camera, now the bad. I've noticed it SUCKS serious battery. It came with batteries and after taking very few pictures and viewing a bit, the battery indicator had dropped. Now who's to say the batteries were any good, who knows how long they've been boxed. So, hopefully if I buy new batteries, maybe I'll get more life. However, I did notice after the camera was off for a bit, like a day, the battery indicator went back to full. So maybe it drains on continuous usage. The other bad that I've noticed so far is that upon turning it on, it takes a good 30 seconds or so to be ready to shoot. So if you need a quick action camera to be ready, this probably isn't it. I'll keep playing with it though.

The BESTEST thing about this camera... is the USB cable. So a couple of months ago, my little jerk dog, at my USB cable. Yes, she did, bit the end RIGHT off. And there was no way this could be fixed. So I had to buy a new cable, only I've been unsuccessful. And then I just let time slip by. Well today, I finally got the Polaroids cable out and it looked just like the cable to my Sony, so I got the Sony out and VOILA! It fits!!! SO very exciting. And funnier still, Brian griped at me for buying another small (POS) camera that I end up wasting money on, etc.... He said, I should have purchased a cable for the other camera instead of buying a new one. So of course when the cable worked I had to throw it in his face. TWO FOR ONE!
Wahhhoooo!!!

This also means, I can finally download pictures from our vacation (thanksgiving) and whatever else is on the Sony. YAY!

Back to knitting, I've taken a few updates of the progress on my sweater. Here they are. Took one with the mag and one with my row counter.

Cable Sweater

Fancy Row counter

1 comment:

  1. Well if taking more pictures is going to help train "the eye" then Project 365 will be really helpful! :)

    (I'm jealous of your stitch counter.)

    ReplyDelete