Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Knitting, it's what's up!

So, I am still amused how the knitting either awes or shocks people. I've been known to frequent our small cafeteria at work with my knitting and lunch FOR lunch. I get a lot of stares. And on occasion people comment because they are interested or are like WTF?! What's with all this knitting and like why in the hale would you want to do that. Anyway, it strikes me as odd.

I mean I wouldn't walk up to another hobbyist and get in their face and mock them, now would I? No, I think not.

So, I decided I needed to drop more stitches and started Kate Gilbert's Clapotis. I got a taste of dropped stitches with the November Mystery Sock, "Butterfingers." While I didn't finish my butterfingers sock yet because I didn't like the yarn I was using on it, I still have the desire to knit that pattern with a different yarn. I'm hoping to have those socks done by end of January, that is IF I can find the darn pattern, because between here and there... I have lost it!

Speaking of lost items. My knitting supplies and stash is in desperate need of a makeover and organization! I have needles, here there and everywhere. I have yarn stashed in many places. I have all my WIPS (which keep growing) in various locations and bags ad nauseum. So yes, organization is on the frontier. I'm seriously considering this upcoming holiday to do just that. Get the house in effing order! I have 5 days off in a row and while we talked about embarking on another trip, me thinks we should just stay home and clean and game. Or maybe B will go ski and get out of the house and I can whip it in to shape. We'll see.

But, back to the Clapotis, so yes, I cast on today. Have no pics yet, just have the tiny corner done, 15 or so rows. I should be working on it now but instead and wasting time online-eek! I was going to order from knit picks and go with their silk blend (name escapes me now), but have since decided to destash and use some of the 10 skeins of Noro Kureyon that I have.

In other knitting news... I'm slllloowly working on the Aguona Laptop bag. It is coming along and I'm still loving knitting it. I've just been fairly distracted and keep getting interrupted as of late. Because the rounds are so long, it's best to have TIME available to ensure accuracy.

Ok, that all being said, I'm off to work the clap and pics to come!

ETA: promised a pic and here it is!

2 comments:

  1. I hope you love the Clapotis. I finished blocking mine tonight. I am so addicted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the color changes in this pattern. This is going to be beautiful!

    ReplyDelete