Friday, December 19, 2008

Knitting amongst friends

So, I am often amazed at the people I know. Take the folks I knit with usually on a weekly basis. They are just all so unique and intersting and funny and I have some of the best times with them. We knitters are good people.

I guess when I first started going to different knitting groups or even just OUT KNITTING IN PUBLIC, I was hesitant that I would "fit-in." I think some of my childhood shyness creeps in every once in awhile. But I went out into the knitting world and now there are people that I really enjoy being around and have a great time with. And yes we KNIT when together, but these are people I could see just hanging out with or catching a movie with or whatever. Anyway, I'm thankful for these friends, these knitters.

And often times, after we depart or later after the group disbands for the evening, I still laugh at what happened while there. I think of all those funny things so and so said, or that story about, whatever and I find myself laughing. We don't need alcohol to laugh and act silly... just some yarn and sticks and we are happy chicks. :)

Laughing and knitting, it's what makes my world go 'round.

I find myself less stressed, I'm in a good mood and overall I feel really content with life right now. Many times in the last however many years, life was a roller coaster. If work was great, then home wasn't, or if home was good, work wasn't. But now... things are mostly even most of the time. I kind of like it.

So, work is good
Home is good
Knitting is good

I'm looking forward to a couple of knitting weekends coming along in the new year. I have one scheduled in January with some pals. Then in February, Audra and I meet up in Pittsburgh with my sister and we go to Camp Kwonokee (???) for a retreat. I will hopefully get a LOT of knitting done. If I can keep my mouth shut. I find if I start talking... I don't get much knitting done. I don't know why I can't do both at the same time, but let's just say I'm challenged.

So knitting and knitting with friends and in groups, it's good stuff.

And I'm already thinking ahead to the new year and resolutions. I've made mention of this to a couple of people, so please hold me accountable.

For 2009, I resolve to FINISH MORE PROJECTS and start less stuff until I do finish! Now this means I will still START new things in 2009, but I do plan to finish everything I started in 2008 also. It's 30-ish projects (I think). Hopefully, by the end of 2009, my Ravelry projects will have more completed projects instead of all WIPS. We can hope, right?

I also plan to get started on gift knitting WAY before it's due.

3 comments:

  1. you make the group super awesome dude! I love Wednesday nights when we're all there together. It's a raucous good time :D

    Nice- already starting with the resolutions. You're putting me to shame here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sure is great knitting with friends. The stress and daily grid just melts away. I to am looking forward to that getaway knitting. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep, I agree! Besides being with people who you'd probably hang out with anyway, it's nice to chill with people who "get" the whole knitting thing. Knitters are fun and smart people :-)

    ReplyDelete