Wednesday, December 10, 2008

I'm really not dead...

I've just been sick for near a month now. It sucks. It's the cold that never ends, with the massive ton of goo and snot that is produced en masse from where, I don't really know... but I blow and blow and blow my nose and it just keeps coming. And I won't go into the coughing fits. It's just not cute.

I am back to work (real work) though and feeling much better in the not achey sense. Still have random cough/choke sessions and still have a head full of snot, but no feverish sweats, so I think it may FINALLY be clearing up. Little by little day, by day.

We went on vacation (yes while sick). Had to the room was already paid for. I had wanted to visit some knit shops in NC and the only one I found in the town we were staying was closed over the WHOLE thanksgiving holiday weekend. :( It looked like a really cool store. But oh well. I had looked up a few others several weeks before we left, but I forgot all that info and didn't plan well at the last minute, so I didn't make it to any other LYSs. I bought no yarn on vacation, which is good cause really do I need any? Um, no... I have yarn for daaayyyyysssssss and projects to boot, so it was ok. I did shop a lot though, I bought many christmas gifts and for myself several pairs of shoes, well ok, ONE pair of shoes and 2 pair of crocs for beach/pool where. They were on clearance! And the shoes were on sale. So bonuses galore. Oh and I bought a pair of UGG clogs that were also on clearance. They are very cozy and comfy.

I have finished several things lately, not any of my WIPS, really, but new stuff started and finished though.

I made a hat for B.
A hat for me.
Slippers for me.

I feel like there's another thing or two also, but can't remember.

Current WIP is the laptop bag. I was going full steam on that for a few days, but have stalled out on knitting (altogether). I didn't do much knitting on vacation, or while I was home sick (did a little). I mostly slept while home. So hopefully I'll get my butt in gear to get those sticks a moving!

Work has been going extrememly well except for being insanely busy. I guess that is all for now. I will have to try and update more often.

2 comments:

  1. I hope you get better. Can't wait to see you this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear you have The Cold. Husband has been dealing with it too. Yay for new shoes!

    ReplyDelete