Sunday, February 1, 2009

Knitting: The finish line is looming

So, I'm 60% done on my BIG Cables sweater! I'm very excited. I wanted to be done and blocked by today, but things happen. I thought I would get more knitting done on Saturday, however life being what it is, things change... and not for the bad.

Cath and I met up at the Merc yesterday, they were having a superbowl Sock yarn sale, so 25% off.... I bought some Ella Rae, Lace Merino. I've been looking at this particular color skein for a couple months now, but it's a little pricey, so I'm super glad I resisted the previous urge to buy. So, huge, savings on that. What a steal.

Then we decided to stop off at Wonderknits. I've been wanting to try some of the frog tree brand alpaca. Lindsey bought some while back and I've been curious ever since. So, I bought red, grey and black for possibly another buckeye hat in either stripes or color stranding/fair isle. We also stopped off at this little consignment store, and I bought a cute little cardigan for Addison and a super cute Baby Gap outfit (complete w/little shoes) for Ashley's baby girl, McKenna. She's not here yet, but they have a name picked out already. The outfit is 3-6 month, so since it's a pants outfit, it should be perfect for fall.

Then we finally made it to Zen Cha. I was a little bummed because they were only serving a brunch menu (completely unsafe for diabetics). Everything was sweet and I really wanted dumplings. But, I ended up with the Arabian Spice waffles which were amazing. The waffles had walnuts mixed in the batter and were topped with Orange slices and this Cardamom Orange spicey syrup... oh my heaven! YUM! I have a pic, but haven't downloaded (call me lazy). Cath got these fruity pancakes that looked amazing and I had a little taste and they were!

We knit for awhile and had great tea as well. Then went on to World Market. I suggested because I thought they might have something Cath was looking for. One of those little burners for your tea pot to keep it warm. Sadly, no. But we did buy more tea and I bought a cute teapot/mug set. Oh and some candles. So very fun impromptu shopping spree. Then we went to Cup O'Joes for more chatting and knitting. Audra was finally able to join us from work and we hung for awhile.

Cath eventually got back to Dumplings so we decided on chinese for dinner and headed back up North to Hunan House. Food was amazing! I got the Hunan Combination, my favorite oh and of course Fried Dumplings. It was so tasty. Then back to home. I did some more knitting, played with the pups oh and made some of my new tea.

I forgot to mention, Zen Cha had my fave loose tea in stock, the Lavender tea. So that is what I made last night. It was yum. This morning, I tried the World Market Pomegranite White tea I bought. It was very nice and refreshing and I bet would make a great iced tea.

I did more knitting this morning, too. I have 60 rows finished, so 60% of the front piece done, just 40 more rows to go. I think I will be able to finish this today... think, think, think. :)

Oh and I also bought the new issues of Vogue Knitting and Knitscene yesterday. Wasn't crazy about the knitscene, but I'm liking a few items from Vogue.

SO here's a pic of the progress. I guess I better get to it and get it done!

Sweater front

More pics to come.

2 comments:

  1. The food all sounds so good. Must go eat lunch after reading your post. drool

    The Big Cables is looking awesome. You can do it if not today then soon! I want to sniff that sleeve washed in kookaburra some more. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The sweater is looking great!

    ReplyDelete