Sunday, February 15, 2009

Knitting: The Opulent Raglan

So due to the crazy hectic week last week, I didn't have too much of an opportunity to work on this sweater. I made a bit of progress here and there, but not really much until this weekend. I did many rows between the 2 days. I like it so far, it's a pretty easy repeat... and the sides/underarms and back are all stockinette. It's nice because instead of just going around and around forever, the middle cable section adds a point of interest. And when I'm going around it doesn't seem like it's taking me too long to get back to that section, so that's cool too. I definitely understand why those that have made it said it's a fast knit. In some respect it is. I think my stuff just seems to take forever because I'm always making larger sizes which use a LOT more stitches. :)

ION... Coraline, 3D! WOW! (don't worry liz, you can keep reading, I won't spoil it). It was actually my first 3d movie... yes EVER! It was a cute story, I was uber tired when I went though and got a little drowsy towards the end. I never officially FELL asleep, but I think I closed my eyes a couple of times. Not sure if anyone could tell behind the 3d glasses though.. HA!

But seriously... there was the cutest part at the beginning and I just laughed and laughed. I thought it was really well done, all of it! And the bonus part was that part way through Coraline is out shopping with her mom and she's wearing what look like knitted stockings and a knitted skirt!!! AND, the thing she wants most in the store is a pair of stripey knitted gloves! LOL I thought it was sooo funny that of all clothing they could have drawn for her, it was knitted garments. Too awesome.

I guess that's about all the update that is in me at the moment. Here are a few shots of the sweater. A close up of the cable section and another one showing more of the "make."

Oprag progress

Oprag progress

OH and aren't you all impressed... yes I've cast on a few new things of late but I have meticulously been sticking to one project for more days at a time. Perhaps before it was lack of interest in projects... or now I just have that need/desire to finish? Who knows... anyway, I'm liking that I'm having some doneness in my life. One sweater nearly finished (still not entirely seemed), and another well on it's way. You know, now that I think about some of those unfinished projects, I realize that the majority of the undone stuff was stuff I was making for other people. Maybe that's the problem, I can't seem to finish stuff because it's not for me?! That's a bit selfish, but I think that might be it! Hhhmmm....

In other news, I picked up the new Debbie Bliss Spring/Summer. I like a couple of things... the sweaters as is would cost a fortune because the DB yarn is not cheap! I'm anxious to see knit picks new cotton blend option and maybe try out swish as well. After the op rag, I really should look into doing something more for spring summer. Of course that will require new yarn because most of what I have now is wool and not really summer friendly. :)

Oh and in Ravelry news... someone contacted me about a different Verena sweater. It seems they needed help with the pattern. I had to go back and pull out my summer issue. She is making a pattern I really like and was having trouble interpreting the chart. I think I helped, but I thought it was really nice that she reached out. It doesn't look like she's super updatey on Ravelry, but I hope she posts about it.

I actually do have a lot more to say about stuff I've read recently and other patterns, but I'm going to go... the more I write, the less I knit and I really want to get started on those shaping decreases... off I go!

2 comments:

  1. you should check this out:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=muce8MVqTaU

    it's about the woman who knit a sweater for Coraline.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm jealous -- I'm ready to see Coraline. Glad you liked it! Thanks for not spoiling. ;)
    I really like the purple of that sweater -- I'm a sucker for jewel tones even sort of in the red family!

    ReplyDelete