Sunday, February 8, 2009

Knitting: Unfinished projects, starting more projects and lot of eating!

That is what this weekend has been about.

Friday-Met up with Lindsey at Temptations. I bought some shibui sock yarn cause i've been dreaming about it. It's a lovely shade of green and should go nicely with my almost finished sweater. Then we went to Red Lobster. I had a great meal. It's been ages since I been there and it totally hit the spot. After that I came home, did a little work on the OpRag. Crashed early cause I was tired.

Saturday--it started out pretty rough. The tow truck came to get my car and take it to MAG in Dublin to be looked at. Well, like a dingbat... I took the key for it off my chain, then the driver asked me to move the car down to the pullaround area, so he wouldn't block traffic. Then he left and I came back in the house. I got ready and Brian left for work, I gathered all my stuff and where were my keys? I totally panicked! I strongly felt like I had left them in the rover. SO I call Brian and ask him about the red truck of death... will it make it to Dublin. He says, no, but drive it to where he is on 256 and take his truck. So then I look for the red truck keys... can't find them. I'm losing patience and the clock is ticking because I need to get to the bank before it closes. Finally I decide to call MAG to ask them to look in the rover for my keychain which houses the keys to my 2nd car, house, work, desk, computer, etc.... LIFE! Now every time I call the service guy, it goes to voicemail, so I PLEAD with the operator to ask someone to go find him because i have to know. She tells me there is nothing she can do and transfers me... he picks up. HALLELUJAH! I ask him, he goes to look, I'm on hold. While on hold, I remember putting stuff from the rover into a bag, maybe I threw the keys in there. He comes back can't find them, thanks for trying... and I go out to the garage, grab the bag and they are there! HALLELUJAH again!

So I get it together, and take off. I get to the bank, drive thru line looks long, I decide to go inside... holy crap... line from HELL! seriously, I counted there were like 35 people in line... and this counting was after I had been standing there awhile, so a few people had already gotten through. Sooo banking done, Cath invited me over for movies and knitting, so I went over there. In the meantime, Brian and I had texted each other about dinner and decided to meet at Taj Palace. I've been craving Indian Food for awhile. It was HEAVEN. And I tried a new dish, Aloo something. It was a spinach and potato dish. It was tasty, but it was actually better mixed with my curry sauce, too.

After that, home to knit... do some more rows on the OpRag.

Sunday--Met Molly and Betty for brunch, it was yumtastic. Then we went up to Blendon Woods for the hike. Martha was already there and then Lindsey got there. Off we went. The trails were quite snow and ice covered. We hiked up and down hills and by a stream that wound around. So then after awhile we were at a cross road. The group wanted to go towards the Nature Reserve area and I had enough at that point, so opted to take the trail we came from and head back. It was a nice solitary walk. I stopped a few times and took some photos (to be uploaded soon). Then I waited in my car for the gang to catch up and we went to Baja Sol to knit. And eat.

Then I came home and am knitting some more. I'm almost to the point of joining for the body.

So as far as unfinished work.... I haven't worked on my entrelec socks. I haven't worked on my Schooner sock #2. I haven't finished seaming my sweater. I've been slowly working on this opulent raglan. Not so big a deal, but it just feels like I should be going faster and that it would be further along.

Well, I have to go find the camera cable so I can get these pics uploaded and show all my advetures.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you had a great knitting weekend with good knitting friends. :-)

    ReplyDelete