Monday, March 29, 2010

Knitting: BOM #2

Back in February, I started the Block of the Month afghan at Temptations. I may have talked about this before, but it's sort of a beginner's type of knitting class. There are a couple of experienced folks in the class including myself. I mostly signed up because I was hoping it would HELP me to finally finish a freaking afghan for our home. It's something I've always wanted to make, but like most things, I fizzle out on.

So I went in February, we started the first block. It kind of reminds me of the flying goose motif from quilting. The knits and purls make a nice V. However the pattern is a little on the boring side to knit. SO I'm about half way done. Here's my other hesitation... while I love CASCADE 220 in natural (cream) color, I'm not sure if it is right for this afghan. The stitches aren't quite POPPING like I want them too. Now Michelle made hers with this colorway that looks amazing. It's just off natural, cream but darker.

I missed class #2 because of the discovery sock class, so I picked up the pattern a couple of weeks ago. I opted to grab a skein of Brown Sheep Superwash to try and I got the same color Michelle used. I love it soooo much better. I started work on the block yesterday afternoon and am just slightly more than half way done! I really like this pattern too, it's so easy to remember. I had it down after the first repeat and it's REALLY easy to see what row you are on and count and all those necessary things.

Last night I held both of my half knit samples up to show B and get his opinion. He likes the darker version, too. So I'm going to frog #1 and when finished with #2, go back and do #1 in the new yarn. However, #3 will be next Monday, so I may just go ahead and wait until after #3. In any case, here is a photo of what is going on!

OH and the color is Oats 'n Cream (which I just love, makes me feel all homey and warm).
Bom #2

Oh and here's the old swatch in progress in the cascade 220

BOM #1

1 comment:

  1. I love the stitch definition with the Oats 'n Cream. That will be very very pretty!

    ReplyDelete