Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Yarn: BMFA Sock club #2

So I peeked!

I couldn't take it anymore, I had really hoped to have had my shipment on Saturday, but alas it didn't come. So yesterday before I left work, I jumped on the site really quick and checked the spoilers for a photo.

It was a little shocking at first. I wasn't sure about it.

Got home... had a package!

Of course I ripped it open and my first thoughts were... hmmm.....

But the more I looked at it and the more I felt it, the more I liked it. Now of course this isn't to say I didn't like it at first site, I did like it, but I just wasn't in love with it. Not like Happy Go Lucky, I fell hard there!

Anyway, the variation and color changes in this yarn are remarkable. I wanted to wind it up right there, but I didn't. Not just yet. I want to hold and fondle it and just stare at it lovingly.

But tonight... I shall take a walk through the Secret Garden. It's one of the patterns sent and is by Janel Laidman. As soon as I saw the name I KNEW I would knit this sock. I like the other pattern as well, it's called Slip Jig, but I LOVE the secret garden pattern. It's toe-up, what I've mostly been working these days, so it fits right in.

For now.... take a look at the lovely, it's called Wild Irishgirlie by the way.

photo.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment