Sunday, March 14, 2010

Knitting: Continued DISCOVERY sock progress

I'm still knitting away on the discovery sock. As I finished the pod last week, I opted to start the 2nd pod instead of finishing the leg on sock #1. It's going well, although I haven't committed to it this weekend. I haven't felt the knitting bug much however I did have some fiber adventures.

I went to Dublin on Saturday to pick up my "new" macbook. Purchased from Cath since she upgraded to pro. And since I was in Dublin, I stopped off to visit Temptations. I chatted with Karen a bit. Picked up month #2 for the BOM Afghan and purchased a skein of Malabrigo Twist in Grape. It's super pretty.

I now have 3 skeins of the twist in different colors. GK2 pal, Brandy made really super pretty and squishy cabled fingerless mitts. I decided these would be great gifts for my non-knitting but supportive friends. So I know have 3 colors that I believe they will each like, Olive, Rust/Olive and the Purple. I searched Ravelry last week for a pattern, but didn't see anything that jumped out at me, so I'm designing my own. I'm writing as I go. It's turning out really nice. The yarn is fantastic to use and I love the cabled diamond I chose for the central motif. Not sure if I will make these identical or, swap the cables out as I go. Providing on the feedback, I may go ahead and list on Ravelry.

Great thing is, with my new macbook, I can design anywhere. I'm not restricted to being home on my IMac. I have some great software and am so amped to get some of these ideas out, anywhere I go!

So the mitts are in progress. The Discovery sock is in progress... and I'm being very good to not pick up any other projects, nor cast on any additional projects until I'm done with the first pair of mitts and/or these discovery socks. I hoped to have the green socks done in time for St. Pats, but it won't happen. No biggie, they should be done before end of the month.

So I should have knit on Friday but didn't. Didn't knit most of Saturday, but had a lovely catch up time with Cath at Starbucks on Sat. night. I did knit a few rounds on the sock while there. I've finished all the increases and just need to knit to the leg lines and put the lifelines in and finish up the heel. Not much further at all.

Have the sock class tomorrow and will cut open for the leg and start a pattern. I'm going away from my original thought of designing a cable, due to lack of time. But I will definitely do it sometime in the future.

Not ready to start another work week, but we do what we must. Here comes Monday... bring it on!

2 comments:

  1. I am so glad you love your new MacBook. She is a gem for sure. I could have talked and talked and talked for hours on Saturday. It was a great last minute social outing for sure. I am not sure I would have that Red Lobster dish again but it was good.

    ReplyDelete