Sunday, February 24, 2008

Bag that!

Saturday I was in the mood to work on something new. I put the sweater down and started the Buttonhole bag from Mason-Dixon knitting. It was quite an easy project that worked up really quickly. After tossing in the washer to felt, I was a little sad that it didn't felt quite the way I wanted. Of course, maybe if I leave it for longer it will? I don't have much experience with Lamb's pride bulky, but I would have thought it would felt really quickly... but no. I even did a pre-soak in warmish water. I thought it would help break down the fiber a bit before the agitation stage.

I may go back and try another go 'round with the washer.

I was also thinking of doing another of these bags. I can definitely see it in Scarlet and Grey (GO BUCKS!). I can definitely see making some modifications, as well. Maybe do a round base instead of the oblong one. Or make it even more oblong and it would be a perfect needle carrying case. :)

Pictures to be posted-later!

1 comment:

  1. The trick with felting is the hot wash/cold rinse. Send it through another cycle as different colors felt at different rates. Some yarns felt up right away others it takes a cycle or 2.

    Any way you go, it's a lovely bag! I'm getting ready to cast this one on!

    ReplyDelete