Monday, February 25, 2008

Instant Gratification!

So I guess for me, this weekend was all about the instant gratification. I put the sweater project down after working into the wee hours fri night/sat. morning. I was DETERMINED to get to the cable row before the wednesday night meetup!

So I did it and then didn't touch the sweater the rest of the weekend.

Instead, I knitted a bag on Saturday afternoon. I LOVE the colors, but don't like how it felted out. I plan to do another round with the washing machine. Heavy agitation and hotter water this time.

On Sunday I decided to work up a pair of slippers/clogs. They take 2 strands. I'm using a multi color from Paton's merino and a fuzzy mohair. I have plenty of the patons, but the slipper/clog used all the mohair. So I have to get another skein of that. ONLY, I'm on a no shopping until Pittsburgh rule right now, so what to do?!

But I was pleased to have almost finished the slipper yesterday. I just have to bind the cuff and knit the outer sole. Shouldn't take long and I had plenty of time to do it yesterday evening except I was being lazy and didn't feel like going to find another circ for the join. Perhaps tonight.

In other news, Brian helped me pick up the living room yesterday and we did a VERY thorough job of sweeping the floor. It looks very nice now. It's like a whole different house when you don't have bits of chewed up whatever from the dogs!

Pictures to come later!

No comments:

Post a Comment