Friday, February 8, 2008

Organizing the fiber

For whatever reason, lately I've been in a cleaning and organizing mode.  I'm curious as to how others organize.  For me, it's been yarn in a plastic bag, stashed in the closet unless it's in use in a project.  Now, what this leads me to is that not all yarn makes it into said closet.  Sometimes it's in my room, sometimes in the area where I'm working on stuff... sometimes... it's just everywhere.

So with this lack of organization, I frequently don't know where things are or what I have.  So, I decided to get on track.  I went through all rooms in my house and collected all the yarn I could find... and let me tell you it was a lot!  I bought some totes from Kmart and I separated the yarn by type.  Example I have a tote of just sock yarn, or yarn I bought to MAKE socks.  I have a tote of stuff I plan on using for sweaters.  I have a tote of "fluffy" yarn, like boa type stuff.  What I realized is that I didn't buy enough totes!  I still have 2 large bags of yarn to pack up.  I have quite a bit of different wools for some sweaters, so I need a bigger tote, or just more totes.  

I feel pretty accomplished though.  Now I just have to work on my WIP's and get some of that stuff finished.  I'm really craving starting something new but I know I shouldn't.  I know I will feel so much better when just ONE of these things is done.  I need to get on it!  I guess that means I should get off the internet and start working!

1 comment:

  1. I understand about the leaving of yarn all over the house. I started cleaning my room last night and found yarn I had forgotten I had. It was like finding a treasure. I am on a quest to find some reasonably priced totes to also organize my "fibers". Maybe we should also start a support group! LOL

    ReplyDelete