Saturday, February 2, 2008

Places to check out in PA

My sister Sarah, BFF Audra and I are going to see Bon Jovi, March 15th in Pittsburgh. Since Audra and I will be road-tripping to get there and staying with Sarah, we've decided to make a weekend of it! Of course I NEED to go to Ikea (yeah, like I need a hole in the head, but whatev), but I've done MUCH Ravelry searching and have found some shops to check out.

For anyone else interested in the PA area, I found a site for Pittsburgh Knitting that lists local events and shops and such. I'll have to see if there is such a site for Columbus... if not, note to self, get that in the works.

Anyway from reviews and other comments, I'm thinking these are the places I'd like to check out. OF course this is all time and MONEY permitting, how much we get to. But it will be fun anyway.

Sarah is slightly SW of PIttsb in McDonald. So one place is Bloomin' Yarns which looks to be about 12 mi SE of her. They don't have a website, but from everything I've read, seems like a nice place to stop and it's close, bonus points for that.

Then, Yarns Unlimited looks to be about 17 mi North. From the reviews the store sounds interesting, but I can't say that I like their website.. at ALL!

Knit one, which has great photos online and makes me really want to check it out is 22 mi E and has Sunday hours so that is good. Gives us more time if we can't make it on Sat.

Natural Stitches is E about 25 miles, but I think they have Sunday hours which will make it do-able as well and we might be able to hit both stores.

All these places sound fantastic, I hope we can do it all! And there are a few others as well, so maybe we'll hit more than these?!

1 comment:

  1. Pittsburgh is in the final stretch! I can't wait! Even if we weren't going to see Bon Jovi this weekend, I think it would be nice just to have the road trip and get out of town. It's not often that I get to. I think the last road trip I had was with my cousins, and let's just say, the actual "road" part of the trip was not fun at all. That's all I'll say about that. I hope we do get to at least visit the shops. It would be fun just to say we were there and when others post we have a visualization of where they were and how wonderful the shops are!

    ReplyDelete