Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Yarns and swaps

So... I've been interested in swapping. I've joined a couple of swaps on Ravelry. 2 of them were already in progress so I have to wait until March. However one is current, and I'm still really looking for stuff for my swap partner. I was really excited about some ideas, but am having troubles finding the right pattern for the yarn, or the right yarn for the pattern. It'll work out, but I went from super excited to bummed because what I want to be RIGHT isn't. So I'm rethinking the plan.

In other swap news, I signed up on Swap-bot. It sounds like a fun place to hang out and there are alll kinds of swaps going on all the time. I signed up for a couple easy ones, one is for pens, and the other is for postcards. Those should be fairly inexpensive and lastly, I signed up for a yarn swap. It's a color of the month and the 1st swap is red. There is a $20 limit. So I'll have to keep my eyes open on this one for something unique and interesting. I'm thinking I might be able to get something when we go to p-burgh. Of course we don't have partners assigned yet, so am not sure if I'll know what I need to buy by the time we go.

I hit up both the Yarn Shop and Knitter's Merc today looking for particular items, of which neither of them carry. :( I've done some hunting online and I can buy direct from the mfr, but I'd rather just get here, so I can get one skein to try and do a swap rather than spending $100 on several skeins and not liking it.

I guess if I'm patient, I will find the yarn I want eventually. Lord knows I don't NEED anymore right now. It's just stuff I have in mind for future projects.

No comments:

Post a Comment