Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Knitting: The lure of the Ravelry boards

I really need to stay off the internet and ravelry boards, etc.

I have so little will power and there I go again casting on for yet another project?! Why????? The lure of a possible prize... of course I have to finish the darn project! But I'm getting faster on the sock knitting, so I think I have a chance. I have until the end of February. I've also already decided I probably won't do the February challenge, so... I can certainly give it a shot to finish these socks.

The January SKA challenge is a textured sock. There were several patterns out there I like, but the one I liked best was a toe up and I'm just not in the moode for that right now. I grabbed the BW treasuries and scanned and found a pretty pattern already charted. So I'm gong with it.

I even went into my STASH and pulled out some Alpaca Sox yarn, I purchased last summer(?) maybe. Anyway, I didn't make the pattern that the yarn was originally bought for, so now I'm using it. It's kind of a coral/terra cotta color. I like the color a lot and since it's alpaca, it's pretty soft and buttery however... it's also a very thin, just a 2 ply yarn, so not sure how great this will be... might be a floppy sock, but I'm really trying to tug tight on my stitches to keep it together. The pattern is looking nice so far.

But even though I casted on last night, I will continue working on the socks for Brian. I had a good idea though, I might do Brian socks at work during lunch since it's basic stockinette and I don't have to worry about patterns/mistakes, etc... and then in the evenings, I'll work on the Celtic Pattern sock. I really don't have a clever name for it yet. But maybe when I'm done, I'll think of something.

On to work....

No comments:

Post a Comment