Monday, January 25, 2010

Knitting: Off track again?

Well, I wouldn't totally say off track, but yeah, kind of. I was supposed to be working on the Every Way Wrap... but due to attention span and not having the time or placement of actually concentrating, I have not knit on this thing in over a week. Shame, shame, shame.

But it's definitely a project I have to pay attention to and lately, I haven't had that opportunity, so being a little smarter than the knitting, I decided to do something less attention needing... that would be a new sock. Yes, I cast on another darn sock. However, this sock is using REGIA self-striping, so it is just plain old stockinette from nearly beginning to end. I've decided to do a turkish/afterthought heel because I couldn't bear doing another heel flap right now. I just finished the flap for Spring Forward... and I just hate the flap. Anyway, haven't done the afterthought heel before, so I thought I'd give it a whirl. And these are for Brian and I don't think he'll complain about the look or feel of them. My only worry is they might be a bit to big for him.

I did a c/o of 54 stitches because my long tail wasn't long enough.
I did 1x1 twisted rib for 1".
Next round I increased 10 stitches around with K1FB (64 stitches).

Then just knit. About half way in the picture, you can see the waste yar, it's pink/green/yellow and that is where the heel stitches will go. I have about 5 inches done on the foot so far and that is where I'm worried it will be loose. Also Brian has a very skinny ankle, so we'll see.

In any case, I have to do about 2 more inches and will then start the decreases for the toe. I started this sock Friday evening, worked it a bit on Saturday and Sunday and I'm really pleased with the yarn, the striping pattern and the colors.

SIP: Sock in progress

No comments:

Post a Comment