Monday, January 4, 2010

Knitting: What was 2009

I remember at the end of 2008 or beginning of 2009, I made a post. A sort of resolution type of post... and sure I could look it up and read what it said and see if I accomplished what I set out to do. I feel like I should make another such post about 2010 and what I hope to do/see/make/accomplish. I think it's good to have goals.

But before doing that, I already feel like I might have done some of those things in 2009... and I may not have and if I didn't, it's ok because I realize that for me 2009 was definitely a growth experience.

I've heard quite a bit here recently that poeople didn't really like 2009, they were glad it was going and looking forward to 2010. My 2009 was really not that dismal. In fact, I can't really recall a SUPER BAD time of 2009. Sure, there were ups and downs but mostly what I remember are some of the amazing experiences I have had this year.

So before I make my 2010 LIST, I'm going to go back on what I'd like to call HIGHLIGHTS of 2009.

First memorable moment, spending the weekend with Cath and Audra and Tammy in Hocking Hills at a cabin. Unfortunately a couple of others couldn't make the trip due to weather. It was sad and we missed them. But, I found myself having a great time in spite of some of those things. We had great food, knitting, a roaring fire, lots of snow and ice, one seriously BROKEASS truck that barely got us there and home and one helluva large icey hill that promised to be the death of my beancountknitter. All in all I can look back and laugh. It was riot! I hope to have another of those weekends this year, but in better weather for sure!

#2, my lovely Knit Knite gals gave me a LOVELY birthday knit knite with Graeters Rasperry Chocolate Ice Cream cake (thanks JULANE!). It was such a great birthday, surrounded with friends, knitting and ice cream cake! YUM! I have had the unfortunate experience of some less than stellar birthdays in years past, so this was definitely one fantastic day.

#3, Knit Camp with Sarah and Audra in the middle of somewhere in PA (seriously). The camp was great, I met a lot of wonderful new people (knitters). We chatted and knit all weekend, had great food and bought some alpaca and got to pet my first Alpaca. His name was Pretty Boy Floyd and he was certainly a charmer. Speaking of which, I still have that alpaca yarn, I must work something up with it, soon!

#4, While still in February, I took on a new position at work... this was both great and bad. And let me tell you there was a LOT of bad with this one. But I got through it. I wasn't the best person during this time, to myself, to my co-workers or to my family. I didn't like who I was most of that time, but I was just so unhappy and I couldn't get out of it... but Brian did put up with me and we eventually took a vacation that managed to fix things.

#5, TRIP TO BOSTON! It was definitely a good time. Highlights of the trip were going to Salem (loved it) and meeting up with Brian's grandparents. It was so nice to visit and hang out with them. Then we took the train to Gloucester to meet up with them the next day, too. It was a fabulous time driving around the peninsula and checking out the boats, beaches and even a yarn shop!

#6 SOCK SUMMIT... so roughly 4 weeks after vacation I headed out to to Oz... at least that is what it felt like. All the buildup all year for sock summit and it was finally HERE. I had a wonderful time. There was a lot more I wished I could have done, more people I wanted to talk to, more pictures I should have taken and bravery I wish I had... but all in all it was a spectacular experience. I am so fortunate that I got to do it and so happy that I did. And the yarn.... oh heavens the yarn!

So those were the major highlights/memorable moments in 2009. There were lots of knitting gatherings, fiber festivals attended and a LOT of yarn was bought. Oh and I did sell some of the stash too. But I still have a lot left and I'm still not knitting as fast I want, but maybe some day, I can use it all!

No comments:

Post a Comment