Thursday, January 21, 2010

Knitting: On the horizon

Sometimes I don't know what is wrong with me... I have all these projects going on and rather than keeping in time with them, enjoying them, my mind is off and running thinking about the next 47 things I want to knit. So much so that I also dream about and often times BUY more yarn. I am ridiculous. I have a problem.

I suppose it's not a bad problem over all, I mean I could be addicted to drugs or booze and I'm not. So yarn or knitting addictions... is it so bad really?

But yesterday I splurged a little. I've been good for weeks mostly because of car issues and being a little broke. So a little retail therapy did the trick. While I've mostly avoided Cat Bordhis methods and socks... I decided I might go ahead and try some. Ya see a gal I know, Beth (yarnaholicbeth on rav) is teaching a class on Cat's new method/book, Personal Footprints. I like Beth, so I decided why not give it a try. I bought the book yesterday, read it last night and I'm not sure about it. Seems like it might be a lot of work, even though Cat says it isn't. We'll see. I'm still going to take the class. It's for 4 mondays in March which is a lot, but hopefully it will go well.

Then I was in NEED of needles that the merc didn't have so I ran over to the Yarn Shop on Kenny. While there I got my needles, the latest issue of Spin off and yarn. It's sooo pretty. See below.
Kaleidoscope

So now I really want to knit that up into some fabulous socks... but I'm being good and only working on what I am working on! :)

But I can still think of the future, right?!

So for the future, there are some patterns I want to make (hopefully soon), but definitely after the wrap and ravelympics.
1. Mystic Sea (socks)
2. Knotty (gloves)
3. Winter Witch Mitts (mittens)
4. Ribbed hat for Brian (hat)
5. Winter Twilight Mitts (fingerless gloves/wristwarmers)

So that's on the agenda and very soon will be added to the Knitting 2010 Binder. I think there may be another thing or 2 in there already. I get so easily sidetracked.

And I need to get back to the WIPS too. I want to finish 2 sweaters that I started last year. One is probably a 3 season peice and the other is def Spring/Summer... although since I'm usually always on the warmer side, it may end up being a 3 season piece as well and I'll wear into the fall.

Anyway... that's the horizon... and don't think I've forgotten about the spinning and the weaving... those ideas are percolating too!

1 comment: