Sunday, January 10, 2010

Knitting: New Gloves for a New Year!

Welig Gloves

Those are my finished masterpiece. This was a great lesson for me in knitting. I doubted my progress several times when I shouldn't have. Consequently, they took me longer than they should have. But, I liked this pattern a lot and it was good fun to knit. Had many cables and crosses and twists. And I think the finishe project looks fantastic. The yarn I used was purchased at the great lakes fiber fest last May. I spent the day there with Cath, Audra and her mom Sandy. We had a nice time and I found this lovely shade of green-blue Handmaiden Casbah yarn. The yarn is a super soft superwash merino, nylon and cashmere blend. And the skein is so hearty, that while I made the set of gloves, I have enough left over to make something else. I have to weigh the skein first, but I'm hoping and THINK I might be able to get a pair of socks. They might only be anklets, but am hoping I have enough for pair. Or else, I'm sure I can get a pair of fingerless gloves.

So I'm kicking off 2010 in a good way. One finished project under my belt and I'm moving on to my next WIP. It's the Every Way Wrap by O. Park. I think it was featured in the fall 2009 of Interweave Knits. I've been wanting to make for some time, and I cast on a few days ago. Ther first 5 inches is 2x2 ribbing. I think I have about 3 1/2 inches so far and I really think that looks good enough. I plan to start the cable and seed pattern today. I would like to try and get at least an hour a day in on this. I'm not sure if I can do it during the work week, but I want to have this completed in the next 3 weeks, so that I can take to knit camp with me.

We've spent the weekend mostly relaxing, watching movies and knitting and a wee bit of cleaning too. We've watched; Star Trek, 4 Christmases, The hangover, The Final Destination, Angels and Demons, The Ugly Truth, Extract, and we tried to watch Taken, however the disc was bad. And today, we have Terminator Salvation, UP and GI Joe. Guess I'll get back to my knitting! Cheers!

2 comments:

  1. They look beautiful! That yarn is lovely.
    What yarn are you using for the wrap?
    I forget, which knit camp are you going to?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi - I wonder if you can help me? I have knitted these beautiful gloves (my first attempt at knitting in the round)but the very last part of the pattern - showing how to make the left thumb has been defaced and I can't finish it (the last tim I leave my knitting in the playroom!) could you possibly tell me the instructions for the left thumb as I am not experienced enough to reverse it from the right that I have already knitted!
    Many Thanks

    ReplyDelete