Sunday, January 4, 2009

Knitting: 365

So I'm wondering if I can knit every day in 2009? Maybe I should do 2 project 365s. One for every day I knit and one for just random photos. HA! Pace yourself, Kristie.

Anyway, took a trip to Heavenly Creations yesterday. Met Lindsey there. She didn't buy anything, but I sure did. It's an obsession. Seriously though, that is IT. I'm cutting myself off. Cold Turkey!!! REALLY I can stop anytime!

I specifically went in for these elcheapo little short 5 inch bamboo sock needles. Needed to replace my zeros and ones. But they didn't have anymore. While there I saw the 9" circs by Chia Goo or whatever the name is. My sister and I saw them at Yarn Cravin in Perrysburg a few months ago. Of course a week or so later, she asked me to get her some if I saw them. So I called and she said she still wanted them, so I got those for her. Although I am very tempted to open the pack and try them out on the socks I'm currently working on!

I also picked up the super cute Fiber Trends pattern called Felt Flock. It's cute little sheep. I'm kind of wanting the alpacas, too. But let's face it, what the H am I going to do with them. Ah well, they are all super cute anyway. I also got another pattern for felt fishies. Again, not sure what I'm going to do with them. But maybe if I ever have a kid, these things will come in handy. I could see doing a fish tank type baby room. That'd be up my alley. Oh and of course I bought some yarn too.

Malabrigo lace... YOMYOMYOM! OMG, this stuff is so amazing. And at 8.95 for 470 yards, that is the cheapest I've seen it. So I bought this variagated blues color. It's for the waves and dolphin lace motifs I put together for a scarf. I drew up the pattern several months ago before becoming frustrated with lace. Well, now that I have soft gorgeous malabrigo, maybe I'll try lace again this year. BUT, I WILL NOT CAST ON UNTIL I FINISH AT LEAST TWO PROJECTS! I promise. I think lace is really one of those things you just have to keep going on. It's easy to lose your spot and with all the Y/O's things can get tense. So, as I said... finishing some stuff first, for sure!

Speaking of fnishing. Lindsey and I worked on our socks yesterday. She worked on the 2nd sock from the November Mystery Sock-Butterfingers. I worked on my Sophie Socks that I started the other night. It's a 6 stitch pattern from the More Sensational Socks book called Crosshatch Lace. It's coming along well, but SOOOOOO slow! OMG! I've only finished like 4 repeats so far. Then I was having a bit of trouble seeing and stuff cause my eyes were hurting. I thought it might be the color of the yarn contributing, so I picked up my Butterfingers sock and worked a couple of rows before realizing my eyes were just plain exhausted. I could barely keep them open. So I came to bed (6:30) and ZONKED OUT! I first woke up around 9, then crashed back out. Woke up around 10, got up, put eye drops in, took some more pills and back to bed I went. So of course at 4AM, WIDE AWAKE! But that's ok. Brian will be gone all day which means I can get a bit of cleaning done and then nap.

Oh and I'll be doing some knitting as well.

So my plans for the week are to work more on the sleeves of the green sweater and the socks. Lindsey and I discussed yesterday how many people are going to try and do a pair of socks each month and she thought if she did nothing else she could do socks, but then she wouldn't be able to work on anything else. And I was thinking depending on yarn weight it would obviously be faster do to worsted weight socks... but who wants that, right?! SO of course we like the delicate fine yarns for socks which in turn take for freaking ever. But I did more thinking on it in the wee hours of the morn today and I thought having a goal of getting at least ONE sock of a pair done would be doable. Especially for me considering I work on a multitude of things at the same time. SO, if I did at least ONE sock per month for the rest of the year, I should end up with 6 finished pair. That's a good goal I think.

And since I don't have an updated picture of my current sock WIPS, I leave you with a shot of the ever adorable Sophia!
3:365

3 comments:

  1. Ooh! Malabrigo lace yarn! Can't wait to see it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm seriously kicking myself for not getting that malabrigo. But how would that have started off the stash busting?

    I think your goal of one sock a month is totally doable. Also, a great idea! What a pretty puppy :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah! You got your WIPs added. :-) Great job.

    ReplyDelete