Friday, January 9, 2009

Knitting: Ravelry is the coolest it's what everyone is saying

Ok, I don't know why I titled it that way, but it seemed funny at the time. Don't hate.

Anyway, yesterday some folks commented on the progress bars posted on the blog here (which I think are way fab!). I believe I had first seen them on Mollyloohoo's, oh and she's doing this flower project for her thesis so if you have some extra time and want to help a gal out, go here and read all about it (how's that for a pimp-yo!), and Cath's blogs. So I said, "Hey, where'd you get that neat code stuff?"

Well I didn't really say that, but I did ask, Cath then led me to the wiki link on RAVELRY itself. Which does shock and amaze me because... really, who thinks up this shit?! I mean, I think of a lot of random crap, like wouldn't it be nice to have xxx but then to actually CODE it and make it a reality. My brain just doesn't work in those patterns. I mean I really feel like code IS an art. It's not my style of art, but it truly is amazing to me. I guess I take for granted that the programs I use daily are all just code, but we've gotten so used to the mundane and then Ravelry came along and swept us away with the awesomeness.

At least a couple of times a week, I notice these little gidgets are out there, like extra clicky things that do some piece of awesomeness. This all goes on and on and on, always with these updates. And then sometimes I get scared... what if some evil monster tries to take Ravelry away. What will we all do. Or what if Casey just says, "Heck no, I'm tired." And is done. EEK!? I will pray that THAT day never happens or is way too far off in the future for me to conceptualize.

Anyway, since you have all been so patient, that work in progress wiki is here. I hope those that have asked and that want can make the most of it. Enjoy!

And PS, since I am a little of an awesome coder... you will now notice all my links will open EXTERNAL windows so that you don't even have to leave my blog! GO ME! :)

3 comments: