Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Knitting: A Page a Day by the Yarn Harlot


So shortly before Christmas, I picked up the Yarn Harlot's page a day calendar. I was waiting with baited breath for the new year to start so I could read funny anecdotes and tips for the new year.

Well, I brought aforementioned calendar to work to sit on my desk, which is where I am for a GIANT chunk of the day and because of my eye surgery and subsequent vacation days, today was the first day I got to read it. And so I had SEVEN days to catch up on.

My fave of course was for today! I feel like Stephanie was talking TO me, ABOUT me. As most of my friends know, I rarely finish things. Although this year I am making a concentrated effort to do just that. I have been dilligently working on Brian's socks and made quite a bit of progress yesterday. I tried them on him, he like the length where it currently is and I will be starting the heel flap today. I'm planning an eye of partridge flap because it looks nice and I feel it's pretty durable. So I get my lunch hour to knit today because my friends are all booked, so just me and my knitting and probably some soup or a grilled cheese. YAY for lunch knitting. And YAY to a possible light at the end of the sock tunnel.

2 comments:

  1. yay! Does that mean I get to see these socks tonight?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love lunch knitting. It rocks. Though today I am going with a friend to Byzantium over lunch. I am so excited. This is my first trip to the shop.

    Brian is very lucky to have you making socks for him. :-)

    ReplyDelete